Friday, September 26, 2014

"I have no fear, because I have faith"

Hello all! Before you read this last week's email, I just wanted to say a few short things. First, we VOBS are oh so very proud of our Hermana and all of her effort and dedication to furthering the Lord's work. We have been so blessed to see her mature spiritually and devote herself wholeheartedly to the incredibly difficult task of being a full time missionary. It is such a blessing to watch her blossom into an even more amazing young woman than she was when she left, and we love her with all of our hearts. Second, we just want to thank you all for the love and support Haley has gotten thus far and is sure to receive in the future. She is so blessed to have such an amazing support group and we know it will be so helpful now as she recovers and gets ready to get back out there! 

This will be my last weekly email for a little bit. The past two weeks I have struggled with some illnesses and Mexico doesn't have the care I need so I have been sent home for a little while until I'm all good and then I will be receiving a new mission call to somewhere here in the states.
Monday, when I talked to my Mission President about everything and came to the conclusion that I was being sent home for a short intermission, my heart broke. The 6 weeks I got in Mexico are easily the best 6 weeks I have ever had. I think Mexico and the people there will always have my heart. I know that I was sent there for a reason and could only learn and experience the things I needed there. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, it's just a little different than I thought it would. I have no fear, because I have faith. 
Just a short little intermission and I will be back doing the work I love.
Hermana van Overbeek


No comments:

Post a Comment