Tuesday, July 29, 2014

"If the Lord doesn't ask much of me, He can't make much of me"

Well what do you know, I'm still here. Every morning I wake up wondering, "Where the heck am I?" Really though, I feel like It's a never ending week of EFY. Don't get me wrong, I do love it. It's still just so weird. 


So we have started this game called 'whose the native.' In secret, someone is chosen to be the native and has to speak spanish 24/7 and get people to vote for them because there is a prize. But while the native is trying to get the votes everyone else is trying to convince each other it is themselves. Guess who got chosen as the first native? Yes, the one who knows just about nothing. I got one vote. The only reason I got that vote was because I voted for Sister Peters cause she put a whole banana in her mouth so she returned the courtesy and voted for me. A WHOLE BANANA. It was amazing. I hate the game cause I'm basically mute. So really I will just talk in english hahah. My poor teacher.


Us sisters had a kaa-raaazy night. Yes we stayed up past curfew. We started rapping and dancing. It was great. We decided to write a rap for a district that we will give at the end of our containment here at the MTC. Sister Peters beat boxes, I rap, and Sister Henrie and Sister Larsen do... I don't really know what. Hahah they will have a line or something. They get embarrassed. I'm too weird to get embarrassed. It's gonna be awesome. I'll send a video when it's done.


Last night we had another super fun night. Sister Peters and I had a dance off and then it turned into us playing hot lava in the living room and kitchen. It was so funny. We were laughing and screaming and just having the best dang night. Then the sisters from next door came over and thought we were dying. Also we interrupted their quiet time so that was awkward. Well worth it.


For some reason everything is so funny. I think it's the lack of sleep, fried brains, and I'm super weird and the other sisters build off of it.
I hope you all know that I am actually learning and growing... "You may not think I know this Gospel, but iiiiiiiiii doooooo" Nacho Libre quote.

This MTC experience has been eye opening. Heavenly Father really has His hands in everything that we do. Every time I feel like I'm getting a hold on something in spanish, God cuts me down and lets me struggle. It's this never ending cycle. I know He's only doing it for me to learn something. I just haven't quite figured it out yet. It really makes me rely on the Lord more than I ever thought I would. It's pretty awesome. If the Lord doesn't ask much of me, He can't make much of me. I find comfort in the fact that I'm asking for everything right now, and this next year and a half is going going to be Him molding me into the person I am suppose to become. Not only for my mission but the rest of my life. I love it!


This came from one of our sister bonding times thinking about us going into our countries and teaching the people. Those of you missionary moms and just moms in general, think about not being to talk to your child for months on end or even longer. Then think of that first phone call and hearing their voice and being able to just talk with them and the pure joy you feel. Now think of Heavenly Father just waiting for His "phone call" from His children who don't have the Gospel yet. The first time they really pray to their Father in Heaven to know if He is there, or the truth of the message they have been taught, or just simply building a relationship. The pure joy that he must feel from finally hearing from His children He hasn't heard from in so long. Bah I just love it.


This Gospel is amazing.
Peace and blessings.
Hermana van Overbeek

No comments:

Post a Comment